The manager does research and development in a specialist area related to drive the process of support and integration of information systems audits as part of the regularity audit as well as information system audits of a transversal nature to ensure effective and efficient auditing to fulfil the reputation promise. The manager also assists the Senior Manager with internal stakeholders and public entity stakeholders to coordinate research needs and impact. This job requires an authoritative knowledge of public sector information technology and auditing concepts, principles and practices and functions within an undefined environment applying broad, general policies, principles and goals, in:
- developing new audit approaches, methods and procedures to be followed by the audit staff;
- providing a technical interpretive and advisory service to the audit staff; and
- implement the development and application of auditing standards as they relate to the public sector through interaction with relevant internal stakeholders and external professional bodies, both locally and internationally.
- Strategic direction and planning
- Assist in identify future needs and support all strategic initiatives and relevant operations within the business unit.
- Assessment of impact of trends and new developments
- Monitor implementation of strategic projects related to the audit product Identification of relevant research topics and problem identification
- Identify problem areas pro-actively, by analysing information technology, legislation and auditing standards, QA results, stakeholder feedback, training needs, inputs from PC forum as well as relevant internal stakeholders and cyclical debrief sessions.
- Re-actively address grey areas in the audit methodology on receipt of feedback of queries from audit professionals.
- Execute research projects in accordance with needs identified above.
- Research project execution & management
- Collect , analyse & interpret relevant information
- Planning projects and manage assigned budget
- Execute and adhere to budgets and timelines
- Develop research project charter
- Formulate research findings and recommendations in a particular area
- Conceptually integrate the diverse functions of information technology, IT auditing, legislation, IT governance and ethics into technical guidance.
- Formulate new technical policies, procedures and guidance to be followed by the audit staff and develop improved ways of executing the audits.
- Assess the impact of research outcomes and identify stakeholders affected.
- Formulate audit software content to incorporate new developments in audit methodology. Testing of proposed practices & quality assurance
- Consult with relevant internal stakeholders and other stakeholders to evaluate proposed practices & procedures for validity & practicality
- Refine proposals & procedures
- Ensure the compatibility and congruence of audit guidelines with AG’s mandate and Professional Best Practice.
- Present information sessions on new developments to relevant internal stakeholders and audit professionals
- Draft guidelines and procedures
- Compile written guidelines and training manuals for stakeholders and practical training sessions Advising function
- Advise ISA and relevant internal stakeholders through submissions and memoranda on relevant research projects.
- Enable ISA by giving technical opinions on an ongoing basis at request during audit cycles.
- Compile technical memorandums & opinions for technical forums.
- Managing stakeholder relationships with key entities to ensure synergy in application of guidelines and the development of excellence in Public sector audit practice. Support
- Support to all relevant internal stakeholders & ISA as it relates to the audit product. Provide a range of alternative solutions, as enough information is normally not available on which to base a definitive solution, leading to an indeterminate level of risk that must be assessed before the optimum solution is reached.
- Support technical learning team & learning providers. Public Sector Standards
- Assist in providing inputs if requested by ARD on development of public sector related auditing standards and other related publications at a local and international level to ensure public sector perspectives are taken into consideration. Ad-hoc duties (Applicable to All JD’s)
- Perform and/or manage other projects, tasks and assignments not stipulated on the Job description as and when required Skills, Experience & Education
- Degree in Auditing/ Information technology or Computer Science or other relevant field. Knowledge
- Research methodology Experience
- 3 Years post CISA certification, with managerial experience Closing Statement
- These appointments are subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary security clearance, reference checking and competency assessment. We embrace employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce. Preference will be given to internal applicants and candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds. Befints
- Medical Aid
- Performance Bonuse
- Cellphone Allowance
- Company Laptop
Roles & Responsibilities
Dissemination of information
How to apply
You can send an email to @r4u.co.za or click on the following buttons to apply on line